Click to Home

Go To Search
Home
Contact Us
Find A Doctor
Employment
Bring Health and Care Together

History

 

Palo Verde Hospital first opened its doors in 1937. This 25-bed facility provided health care services to the Blythe community and surrounding areas until the early 1960s. As the community continued to grow and the demand for additional services increased, Palo Verde Hospital completed expansion projects in 1962 and again in 1979. As a result, Palo Verde Hospital currently has a total building area of approximately 39,000 square feet on a site of 1.7 acres. The hospital is licensed for 51 patient beds, consisting of four (4) intensive care beds, six (6) perinatal beds and 41 medical-surgical beds.

 

The Palo Verde Health Care District was formed on January 27, 1948, and operates under the California Health and Safety Code, Sections 32000-32312. The purpose of The District is to provide funds from property taxes for healthcare support within its boundaries, which encompasses 1,022 square miles in eastern Riverside County.

 

During the past 14 years, Palo Verde Hospital was managed by Brim Inc., which was later leased by LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. On December 31, 2005, Lifepoint Hospital, Inc. terminated its agreement with Palo Verde Health Care District Board. and the hospital’s assets were distributed back to the District.

 

In January 2006, the operation of the hospital was returned to the Palo Verde Health Care District.